Not my Cup of Tea

I suppose we discovered this new eating place in Taiping Aeon after the movie; a somewhat English-looking place. The tablecloths that covered the little round tables have colourful flowery designs and there was a shelf displaying foreign looking tea and China, cups and teapots with designs of little flowers. The place looked pleasant and comfortable enough to lure my friend and I in to have tea which came in a surprisingly coarse-looking porcelain teapot; fragrant lavender tea which we would pour into two porcelain cups, one of normal size and the other, unusually small. The food we had, wasn't exactly English. My friend said it was Mexican, nanchos; not very well heated tortilla chips topped with melted cheese; and baked cream crackers with chicken meat and cheese toppings. Not bad but not really my cup of tea.





Comments