Not even a Häagen-Dazs

My niece called when I was watching an online Chinese series. Have you taken dinner? She asked. Not yet, I said and she reminded me to take an ice cream after dinner. Apparently my niece had bought some ice creams for the family but that certainly wasn't the first time; so, what's the big deal? Well, I suppose for one thing, the ice creams were very expensive and it wasn't even a Häagen-Dazs . A bar, not a very big one really; costs 15 ringgit and one has to buy at least half a dozen before the seller would deliver. So, that come to exactly 90 ringgit and the ugly plastic bag used to contain them didn't lend justice.Then, the ice creams had been made of Musang King, a very much demanded and expensive brand of durian. Would you like my other niece then  suspect that the ice creams were the results of the probable poor sales of the king of fruits during the present pandemic where most people would just stay indoors and opt more for essential food?




Comments