My Miang Kham

Miang kham, the royal snack; after having my first bite, I thought I'd make some of my own. The secret lies in the sauce; I heard and that, I bought it ready made from a colleague. Then, most of the ingredients could be easily bought from the supermarket and when they were not available, I'd just consider them optional. Then, the garden used to have a lot of Piper sarmentosum or pokok kaduk growing wild; but when I sought them out, they were not available. Most had been cleared and it would be some time before they flourish again. In Laos, cabbage leaves or other leaves including lettuce and spinach have been used to replace Piper sarmentosum in preparing miang kham; and I picked lettuce as the replacement. I think I prefer the hard leaves of Piper sarmentosum.







Comments