Sunday Feast : Snow Flower


It was not even half past ten in the morning and I have had
ais kacang, a Malaysian dessert of ice shaving and an assortment of ingredients such as corns and red beans too, of course. Ice kacang afterall, means ice bean and it ought to have at least ice and red beans in it like the original version. My niece had been excited, I suppose with a new ice shaving machine she had bought online and had prepared a bowl of ice kacang just for me. Instead of using the sweet sugary syrup and coconut milk, she had used instead some kind of coffee; so it was not sweet but a bit bitter and was not very fragrant too. The canned red beans were fresh from the fridge and was a bit hard but the ice shaving was unusually smooth. My niece said it was actually called 雪花 xue hua or literally snow flower and I recalled it being sold in a shopping mall somewhere.

More Sunday Feasts!

21.4.24

Comments