Dinner in Leyton

About the best dinner I had had in the United Kingdom surprisingly was a home cooked Chinese meal. Chinese meal of course is available there in the United Kingdom and elsewhere in Europe, in the cities especially, I should say; but it definitely costs a bomb. Then, there is always the question of whether it is authentic enough. When in Leyton, Ah Chuan invited my friends and I to his house for dinner. The table was already laid out when we arrived and was I surprised indeed when the dishes were brought out from the kitchen. There was siew pak choy, the delightful little green vegetable stirred fried with mushroom, stewed meat with a generous helping of peanuts, a tofu dish and even a curry dish! To top that up, there was dessert at the end of dinner. Joe had specially baked a cake!








Comments