Ushered to Eat

After visiting Kuala Terenganu and having a heavy lunch there, my nephew had driven me to  Kuantan, the capital city of the state of Pahang on the east coast of Peninsular Malaysia where we put up a night in a hotel. I remember it to be near evening when we reached there and it was both wet and dark. It was the monsoon season and there was heavy rain and my nephew had to cancel his plan to take me to Teluk Cempedak, a surf beach which actually I had been to many decades ago. I heard there is a Starbucks outlet there now and a raised walkway which is popular with the crowd. Maybe, I visited a nearby shopping mall that night. Can't recall having dinner there but remember being ushered to a local breakfast of wanton noodles with slices of char siu in a hot and humid stall. That was despite free breakfast being provided by the hotel.




Comments