Diwali 2020

There were sounds of fireworks last night, welcoming the arrival of Diwali, the Hindu festival of lights. Diwali today; amidst the Covid-19 induced  Conditional Movement Control Order CMCO would have most people staying indoors. While one is free to go shopping for groceries, I suppose gatherings is a no no. People have already been fined for flouting the  CMCO standard operating procedure which allowed two people to travel in a car; and while it has been announced that now three people are allowed, common sense would tell us that the usual Diwali open house where Hindu families gather at home to eat with relatives and friends isn't a good idea. Khani invited me to his house this Diwali and when I declined, he offered to bring over some Diwali treats. I rather that both of us just stay home. Stay home has been the catchphrase in the local  TV during the Covid-19 pandemic. Diwali 2020, I'll just dream of Indian food. Happy Diwali, everyone!


Comments